The focus is to develop a pan-European framework which centres on a set of target-based actions that will:
- Reduce the carbon, water and waste footprints of clothing in Europe.
- Ensure that fewer low grade textiles go to incineration and landfill.
- Prevent waste in the clothing supply chain.
- Encourage innovation in resource-efficient design, recycling of textile fibres and service models to encourage business growth in the sector.
- Influence consumers to buy smarter and use clothing for longer by using the existing Love Your Clothes consumer campaign.